When planning a party, we all have several things on our to do lists; including shopping for drinks and cleaning the house. And we all know that cleaning the house is all about strategizing, and for me that’s usually for before and after the actual party. Cleaning before the party is the easy part, we have all the important areas to remember:
- The windows and the entry,
- Guest areas
- Party spaces (dining area or barbecue/braai areas)
- Touch ups
But after the last drink has been drunk, last morsel eaten and the last guest has walked out the door, you’re now left alone with the task of cleaning up. It really doesn’t need to feel like an uphill battle, there are fun ways to put your home back to rights. The first step is putting on your playlist that makes you feel the happiest or maybe even the one that relaxes you the most.
Spaces that will need your attention: –
- This is my personal favourite part of cleaning up, I get to really get into the music and dance around as I vacuum up any crumbs or debris left behind after both sweeping and mopping up the floor.
- Grease stains
- Lemons have so many advantages from health, to making your trash can smell good to even helping remove grease stains, minus the elbow grease that is. And all you need to do it cut a lemon in half, apply it to the stain and leave it overnight. One less task to do for now.
- Countertops are usually where all things are dumped like dirty tissues, paper cutlery and crockery if you used those. If not, then the counter top may be where half eaten or half-filled plates and glasses will be found. So, first things first, you will need to clear the counter and place anything that needs to be thrown away in the trash or put things aside to be washed later. Also, clean any spills off your counter ASAP, to save yourself from hard to remove stains later.
- If you have a dishwasher, then I would suggest loading as many as you can in the dishwasher. If not I would suggest working through your dishes systematically, so stat with crystals, then glassware, followed by clear glass plates, colourful plates, silverwares, and lastly pots and pans.
- Water rings
- Coasters may be provided but sometimes people forget, it happens to the best of us. So if that does occur and you have any unfortunate water rings on your furniture surfaces, here’s an easy DIY solution. Try mixing a teaspoon of salt with a few drops of olive oil. Gently rub it in the area until the spot is gone. Apply furniture polish into the top to finish.
- Contact us for help with your after party cleaning requirements and the professionals can assist you.